I was driving my 6 year old niece to her swimming class on a nice April Saturday morning when she called me from her seat.
Her: Hey maama (uncle in Telugu), do you know if God exists?
Me: Uhm, what?
Her: Does God exist?
Took a few seconds to think about how to respond to that question. I didn't want to give misinformation.
Me: Well, no one knows if God exists or not. Some people believe that God exists and some others do not.
Her: If God doesn't exist, how did the Universe come into being?
Wow, good question, I wish I knew the answer!?
Me: Uhm, scientists are trying to find that out.
We got to the pool by now and our conversation had to end.
Her: Hey maama (uncle in Telugu), do you know if God exists?
Me: Uhm, what?
Her: Does God exist?
Took a few seconds to think about how to respond to that question. I didn't want to give misinformation.
Me: Well, no one knows if God exists or not. Some people believe that God exists and some others do not.
Her: If God doesn't exist, how did the Universe come into being?
Wow, good question, I wish I knew the answer!?
Me: Uhm, scientists are trying to find that out.
We got to the pool by now and our conversation had to end.
No comments:
Post a Comment