Monday, October 02, 2006

Festival??

Got up early morning, applied the oil to body and hair, took bath then. Put on new dress which I had selected searching quite a few shops. Pooja and then cooking was over by 12pm, so no breakfast but lunch directly. Uncle, aunt and cousins joined for the lunch. Taking the prasad first, had very good lunch containing non-veg delicacies. Watching TV for sometime, had a small nap. In the evening, we along with the friends and neighbours went out to take a glimpse of 'Paala Pitaa', a blue bird which is our State bird. We would go to farms in search of these, and put a namaskaar to the bird. Then, collected the Jammi leaves, took the ashirwaad of parents and exchanged hearty hug with friends placing these leaves in their hands. Later, attended the cermony of burning the Ravana, a symbol of Good's victory over Evil. Having a light dinner, went to bed with all the day's memories playing in the mind.

This was my time table on Dussehra day until few years back in my home town. Hmm, I'm now here in this city, that too working almost all the day. I never felt like Dussehra today. I miss those days where we used to enjoy like anything on festival days. I very much miss those days when festivals used to bring happiness and bonding.

No comments: